|Plaque: The Niagara Apothecary Museum, Niagara-on-the-Lake|
Plaque outside the Niagara Apothecary Museum ( niagaraapothecary.ca ), English portion reads: "Niagara Apothecary: Acquired by the Ontario Heritage Foundation in 1969, the Niagara Apothecary is a fine example of a Confederation era commercial establishment and pharmacy. Although the building probably dates to the 1820s, it was extensively renovated in 1866 when it was taken over by an apothecary. At this time the Italianate windows were installed and the interior fitted up as a drug store. Until it closed in 1964 it was one of the oldest and one of the longest continuously operating pharmaceutical practices in Canada. -- Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada. Plaque unveiled by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother, Niagara-on-the-Lake, July 5th, 1981."
GPS: 43 deg 15' 17.85" N, 79 deg 4' 15.41" W (43.2549583, -79.0709472)